2021-03-14 02:41:01 +0000 UTC by AvatarKorra_
Event: Gaoling Bending Tournament // AvatarMC Discord
Spring has sprung and it's time to spring into the Gaoling Arena for some good old fashioned PvP in this month's Bending Tournament! To change things up, the tournament will be a Doubles Tournament!
You will be fighting in pairs to try and claim the title. While the choice of partner is yours, we will be splitting any pairs who we deem to be "overpowered" (e.g. Porku and Kevin). To make your choice, you must state your preferred partner when you signup on Discord. The person listed must then react to that signup with a thumbs up.
The tournament will be broadcast LIVE on the server's very own Twitch channel. Tune in for some prime Zuko content.
As stated previously, there will be no Professions items permitted during the tournament.
When will it be?
- The event will take place on Saturday, March 20 at 19:00 UTC. For those who use Google's search engine, this query will find exactly what time this is in your time zone. World Time Buddy is also a helpful resource.
How do I join?
- Please join the Discord and sign up in the Tournament Chat or message a Mod or Chat Mod in-game. You can always sign up at the event, but you may not be paired with someone who best matches your skill level—so sign up as soon as you can!
Am I limited to the bending I chose?
- No! This event will take place off the main server by typing
/server event once the event is open for joining. You will be able to select any bending you wish and change it at any point before the tournament officially starts. The event server will be open 25 minutes before the tournament starts to allow players to have time to pick.
Will there be elytras?
- At the moment, we have decided to not provide elytras for players to use. These can be used to avoid combat completely by Airbenders and serve no purpose in combat since they are disabled after taking damage.
Will we be able to eat to heal during the match?
- No. In the past when we've allowed food and healing, matches lasted far longer than anyone felt was enjoyable. Because of that, health restoration from eating will be disabled. However, you will be able to eat while outside the arena and water healing moves will be allowed.
Will there be stats and levels?
- Just like on the main server you will have stat points to allocate typing
/c. You will be automatically set to max level and have all moves available from the moment you select a bending. You can reset your stats throughout the tournament to change your build based on the bender you will be fighting by speaking to the stat spirit near spawn.
Will there be rewards?
- First Place: 250,000¥ + Championship Bracelet
- Second Place: 150,000¥
- Third Place: 75,000¥
- Fourth Place: 50,000¥
- Participation: Everyone who signs up for the tournament and participates in it without missing any matches will receive a participation prize. This will consist of 32 spirit essence and four decorative heads. Winners will receive these as well.
- As an additional reward for this month, every pair will be entered into a raffle to win $40 of cosmetics from the server store to be split between them. Two lucky players will be able to claim this prize!
How do I join the Discord?
- You can simply join with this direct invite. Below are instructions to link your AvatarMC account with Discord; however, this is not required!
- First, you need to create an AvatarMC Forum account by performing
/register while on the server.
- Once you have the forum account set up, go to discord.avatarmc.com and log in with your forum information. This will link your account to your Discord account.
- If you already have an AvatarMC Forum account, but don't remember your log-in information, please contact GuoKao.
Various notes on how the event will function:
- The tournament will operate off of a public leaderboard that you can request the link to at any time (after the tournament has started).
- For this tournament the brackets will be semi-randomized. Players will be fighting against other players who may not be of similar skill level, but could be disproportionately higher or lower in skill level. Matches can be semi-balanced based on the pairings, but it is no guarantee.
- Players who lose in the semi-final fights will match against each other to determine 3rd and 4th place.
- Time will be set to sunrise, so no advantage can be gained for either waterbenders or firebenders.
- This tournament is not only a way for you to earn free money, but also a way for us to gain balancing opinions on the elements. After the tournament, do not be afraid to share your opinions on the server Discord or on the forums!
If you have any questions regarding the event, you can ask in our Discord or message a moderator in-game.
We hope you join the fight on Saturday, March 20 at 19:00 UTC!