2020-07-15 03:03:35 +0000 UTC by QuietDove
Event: Gaoling Bending Tournament // AvatarMC Discord
Start your summer off right by competing in the thirteenth edition of our bending tournaments. After the massive numbers we had last month, it would be great to see the same again this time around.
As was the case in June, we shall again be testing the bending and stat system tweaks. If you would like a full list of these changes, please read the last announcement post here: AvatarMC Soon™ - Issue 68: Bending Tournament v.12 + Bending Tweaks
If you would like to enjoy the tournament with some expert analysis, the server's new Twitch channel will be streaming the whole thing at https://twitch.tv/PlayAvatarMC.
When will it be?
- The event will take place on Saturday, July 18 at 19:00 UTC. Please use this Google search to find exactly what time this is in your time zone. World Time Buddy is also a helpful resource.
How do I join?
- Please join the Discord and sign up in the Tournament Chat or message a Mod or Chat Mod in-game. You can always sign up at the event, but you may not be paired with someone who best matches your skill level—so sign up as soon as you can!
Am I limited to the bending I chose?
- No! This event will take place off the main server by typing
/server event once the event is open for joining. You will be able to select any bending you wish and change it at any point before the tournament officially starts. The event server will be open 30 minutes before the tournament starts to allow players to have time to pick.
Will there be elytras?
- At the moment, we have decided to not provide elytras for players to use. These can be used to avoid combat completely by Airbenders and serve no purpose in combat since they are disabled after taking damage.
Will we be able to eat to heal during the match?
- No. In the past when we've allowed food and healing, matches lasted far longer than anyone felt was enjoyable. Because of that, health restoration from eating will be disabled. However, you will be able to eat while outside the arena and water healing moves will be allowed*.
- *Notice about water healing: Due to the unstable nature of healing in the previous tournament, we will be testing it prior to the tournament's start to see if the bug still exists. It will be disabled if that is still the case.
Will there be stats and levels?
- Just like on the main server you will have stat points to allocate typing
/c. You will be automatically set to max level and have all moves available from the moment you select a bending. You can reset your stats throughout the tournament to change your build based on the bender you will be fighting by speaking to the stat spirit near spawn.
Will there be rewards?
- First Place: 300,000¥
- Second Place: 150,000¥
- Third Place: 80,000¥
- Fourth Place: 50,000¥
- Participation: Everyone who signs up for the tournament and participates in it without missing any matches will receive a participation prize. This will consist of 4 spirit essence and a tea leaf. Winners will receive these as well.
- As an additional reward for this month, every participant will be entered into a raffle to win $20 of cosmetics from the server store. One lucky player will be able to claim this prize!
How do I join the Discord?
- You can simply join with this direct invite. Below are instructions to link your AvatarMC account with Discord; however, this is not required!
- First, you need to create an AvatarMC Forum account by typing
/register while on the server.
- Once you have the forum account set up, go to discord.avatarmc.com and log in with your forum information. This will link your account to your Discord account.
- If you already have an AvatarMC Forum account, but don't remember your log-in information, please contact GuoKao.
Various notes on how the event will function:
- The tournament will operate off of a public leaderboard that you can request the link to at any time (after the tournament has started).
- Veterans will face veterans in the first rounds, and newer players will face newer players. Veteran players will fight first. This is to give the new players an opportunity to watch and learn from the fights before and give them a better chance at beating a veteran player.
- Players who lose in the semi-final fights will match against each other to determine 3rd and 4th place.
- Time will be controlled so that Firebenders and Waterbenders will receive their day or night damage boosts throughout the fight for only part of the fight. High noon bonus and full moon bonus will not occur in any fight.
- This tournament is not only a way for you to earn free money, but also a way for us to gain balancing opinions on the elements. After the tournament, do not be afraid to share your opinions on the server Discord or on the forums!
If you have any questions regarding the event, you can ask in our Discord or message a moderator in-game.
We hope you join the fight on Saturday, July 18 at 19:00 UTC!