2022-10-15 18:44:06 +0000 UTC by TurboClicks
Recently, Discord rolled out a new feature to Community servers called Forum Channels! This new channel type is designed to allow discussions to coexist without people talking over each other and aid in nurturing more structured conversations.
With our Discord server being an essential AvatarMC platform, our Moderation Team took a look at how to best integrate Forum Channels into our server. We have decided that the
#bug-report channels will benefit the most from the new feature.
Forum Channels are exactly what you image — a forum nested within a channel. We've set post guidelines and created a collection of tags to categorize everything. Each post will require that you create a title, enter a message, and select a tag. You can hit the bell icon to add posts to your channels list and receive notifications on new messages. Both channels includes a search to ensure that a topic has not already been posted.
Use this channel to provide suggestions for AvatarMC. Add a "thumbs up" emoji to show your support for an idea.
The following tags have been created to help categorize posts in this channel:
- Gameplay: For suggestions relating to our Minecraft server such as bending or builds.
- Events: For suggestions on community events such as bending tournaments or writing competitions.
- Discord: For suggestions relating to the AvatarMC Discord.
- Server Store: For suggestions related to the offerings on the AvatarMC Server Store.
- Website: For requesting updates to AvatarMC.com.
- Server Improvements: For general suggestions relating to the improvement of AvatarMC.
Bug Report Channel
Use this channel to report bugs or issues found across AvatarMC platforms. If you believe that the bug is too sensitive for the public, please message a Moderator or Admin.
The following tags have been created to help categorize posts in this channel:
- Open: This is the default tag for all posts.
- Acknowledged by AMC: This tag can only be applied by AvatarMC Moderators and will be used when the appropriate AvatarMC team has received word of the issue.
- Closed: This tag can only be applied by AvatarMC Moderators and will be used when a report has been met with a resolution.
2022-10-02 19:01:48 +0000 UTC by KevinY3
It’s Spooky Month, everyone! To celebrate, we’re holding a competition for the best AvatarMC or just Avatar spooky-themed artworks, poems and stories that you, the community, can put together!
There will be two competitions running simultaneously, with different prize pools and different entry requirements. The first will be the art competition, which you can submit any illustration to. All media are welcomed!
The second competition will be a writing competition, with a hard word limit of 2,000. But don’t feel pressured to brush up against the cap! You can submit anything that’s in text to the competition: poems, stories, non-fiction, anything that you can drum up.
There’ll be special prizes for the winners in each category, too. They are as follows:
- 1st place: 100,000 yuans and up to $5 of cosmetics from the AvatarMC shop
- 2nd place: 50,000 yuans
- 3rd place: 20,000 yuans
You can hand in your submissions by posting them to the #event-signup channel on our Discord server. This means that you'll be able to see other people's submissions rolling in and get eyes on your own work ahead of the submission deadline. Of course, if you don’t want your work to be made public, you can instead DM your submission to the organiser, KevinY3. Entries close on the 31st of October, on Halloween. Winners will be announced on the 7th of November. Again, I want to stress — everyone’s work will be looked at and provided with a written review.
2022-06-03 18:54:24 +0000 UTC by _Guru and TurboClicks
Greetings and salutations, readers! It’s that time of year again for AvatarMC’s annual Pride Fest. The Rainbow Spirit is back to welcome everyone to their realm in the Spirit World to celebrate love in all its forms!
Speak to the Rainbow Spirit in your capital to get started. Find the "Pride Fest 2022 Awaits" quest in /q for more help!
If you've visited the Pride Town of yesteryear, you'll recognize this one - except someone's been giving it premium fertilizer. This is where you'll spawn when you enter the event, and it's also how you'll get to the different parts of the map!
If you've managed to get lost in the event, our professional cartographer has drafted a map for you, which can be seen below.
This event comes pre-packaged with four quests for you to enjoy - "The Lost Mask", "Tei's Special Brew", "Welcome Party", and "Duck, Goose, Hot Air Balloon" aswell as an introductory quest titled "Pride Fest 2022 Awaits". Check them out in /q today!
|Quest Name||Starting NPC||Rewards|
|Tei's Special Brew||Tei [654, 695]||3 Lotus Tiles|
|Welcome Party||Cook Amiti [807, 673]||3 Lotus Tiles|
|The Lost Mask||Shi-ra Spirit [835, 848]||3 Lotus Tiles|
|Duck, Goose, Hot Air Balloon||Conductor [672, 869]||25k Yuans (5k Yuans for completing Duck and Goose routes, 15k Yuans for completing quest)|
Feel like getting lost in wonderland? No need for a pocket watch-carrying rabbit this time. Head on over to Fort Pride, and try your hand at navigating your way through this showy little Schloss.
The Hot Air Balloon Hangar
Here at AvatarMC, the sky's the limit! Now you don't need to be an airbender to fly with the birds, you just need a hot air balloon! As long as you stay within this little box next to an open flame, that is.
The parkour is the basis for the 'Duck, Goose, Hot Air Balloon' quest, and upon completion you'll receive some nice rewards! Though please note that pushing other players off to "reduce the weight" is not permitted. Talk to the Conductor at the top of the Marketplace Hill to get started.
What would an event be without fresh new cosmetics? Head on down to the Marketplace and speak with Star, your neighborhood friendly entrepreneur. Purchase this event's cosmetics at 5 Lotus Tiles a piece, or, for nostalgia's sake, you can buy last year's for 3 Lotus Tiles each.
With a fresh stock of new cosmetics, we also have added base cosmetics featuring the Non Binary flag and the Pansexual flag! See below for the complete list of new items and their prices. Please be aware that the Cycling Pride Flag is not about a love of bicycles, but simply cycles between the pride flags for a colorful experience.
|Star's Propellers and Flags||Animated Waving Pride Flag||5 Lotus Tiles|
|Animated Waving Lesbian Flag|
|Animated Waving Bisexual Flag|
|Animated Waving Transgender Flag|
|Animated Waving Asexual Flag|
|Animated Waving Pansexual Flag|
|Animated Waving Non Binary Flag|
|Animated Cycling Pride Flag (cycles through all the pride flags available)|
|Non Binary Cap||3 Lotus Tiles|
|Non Binary Beanie|
|Non Binary Flag Focus|
|Pansexual Flag Focus|
|AvatarMC Store||Animated Lesbian Propeller Hat||4.99 USD|
|Animated Bisexual Propeller Hat|
|Animated Transgender Propeller Hat|
|Animated Asexual Propeller Hat|
|Animated Non Binary Propeller Hat|
|Animated Pansexual Propeller Hat|
Whether you're running out of Lotus Tiles or you're a completionist, we've got you covered. Explore the map to find ten more of those lovely little Pai Sho pieces!
A lot has been updated behind the scenes since last year's release, so our scripting team have given it some polishing touches. Here's what's changed:
- Changed 'Zabanana' to 'Zanana' for consistency to what other NPCs mention (NPCs call them Zanana, when their custom name and actor was Zabanana)
- Reduced the amount of mobs inside of Sqoorls Pet Shop
- Added the different fancyman hats as decoration inside of Vince's shop
- Updated region size (due to a new maze)
- Added a hologram to clarify the reward and difficulty
And as always, happy Pride Month to everyone here celebrating it at AvatarMC. We hope you had a great month, and we're all so excited to see you next year for Pride Fest 2023!
2022-05-14 18:09:11 +0000 UTC by ShootItzStar
Event: Gaoling Bending Tournament // AvatarMC Discord
Spring back into action this upcoming weekend for a chance at the Championship Bracelet! Come and join the fight!
Like previous months, there will be no Professions items permitted during the tournament.
When will it be?
- The event will take place on Saturday, May 21 at 19:00 UTC. For those who use Google's search engine, this query will find exactly what time this is in your time zone. World Time Buddy is also a helpful resource.
How do I join?
- Please join the Discord and sign up in the Tournament Chat or message a Mod or Chat Mod in-game. You can always sign up at the event, but you may not be paired with someone who best matches your skill level — so sign up as soon as you can!
- NOTE: If you can't make it to the tournament after signing up, please delete your sign up and/or notify a tournament volunteer for day-of cancellations. Failing to do this could result in sanctions.
Am I limited to the bending I chose?
- No! This event will take place off the main server by typing
/server event once the event is open for joining. You will be able to select any bending you wish and change it at any point before the tournament officially starts. The event server will be open 30 minutes before the tournament starts to allow players to have time to pick.
Will there be elytras?
- At the moment, we have decided to not provide elytras for players to use. These can be used to avoid combat completely by airbenders and serve no purpose in combat since they are disabled after taking damage.
Will we be able to eat to heal during the match?
- No. In the past when we've allowed food and healing, matches lasted far longer than anyone felt was enjoyable. Because of that, health restoration from eating will be disabled.
Will there be stats and levels?
- Just like on the main server you will have stat points to allocate typing
/c. You will be automatically set to max level and have all moves available from the moment you select a bending. You can reset your stats throughout the tournament to change your build based on the bender you will be fighting by speaking to the stat spirit near spawn.
Will there be rewards?
- First Place: 250,000¥ + Championship Bracelet
- Second Place: 150,000¥
- Third Place: 75,000¥
- Fourth Place: 50,000¥
- Participation: Everyone who signs up for the tournament and participates in it without missing any matches will receive a participation prize. This will consist of 32 spirit essence and four decorative heads. Winners will receive these as well.
- There will be no raffle this month.
How do I join the Discord?
- You can simply join with this direct invite. Below are instructions to link your AvatarMC account with Discord; however, this is not required!
- First, you need to create an AvatarMC Forum account by performing
/register while on the server.
- Once you have the forum account set up, go to discord.avatarmc.com and log in with your forum information. This will link your account to your Discord account.
- If you already have an AvatarMC Forum account, but don't remember your log-in information, please contact GuoKao.
Various notes on how the event will function:
- The tournament will operate off of a public bracket that will be posted in
#event-announcements on Discord, and in chat at the beginning of the tournament.
- For this tournament the brackets will be semi-randomized. Players will be fighting against other players who may not be of similar skill level, but could be disproportionately higher or lower in skill level. Matches can be semi-balanced based on the pairings, but it is no guarantee.
- Players who lose in the semi-final fights will match against each other to determine 3rd and 4th place.
- Time will be set to sunrise, so no advantage can be gained for either waterbenders or firebenders.
- This tournament is not only a way for you to earn free money, but also a way for us to gain balancing opinions on the elements. After the tournament, do not be afraid to share your opinions on the server Discord or on the forums!
If you have any questions regarding the event, you can ask in our Discord or message a moderator in-game.
We hope you join the fight on Saturday, May 21 at 19:00 UTC!
2022-04-15 15:14:04 +0000 UTC by _Guru, KevinY3, QuietDove, and TurboClicks
Spring is here, and with it comes the traditional Earth Kingdom festival of Kyoshi Day! It's a time when everyone comes together to celebrate the life and achievements of the 230 year old earthbending Avatar.
To celebrate this, the residents of Kyoshi Island have put together a festival for all to enjoy. Travel there, and see what's going on!
Note: For players that manually download and install the server's resource pack, remember to get the latest copy to access all the event's models and textures. Players who rely on automatic resource pack downloads need not take action.
Ruolan has been dragged into portraying Avatar Kyoshi for the annual ‘Kyoshi Day’ celebrations in her village. This is the centre piece of the festival, but it looks like stage fight might've got to Ruolan. Help her prepare and make this the most memorable Kyoshi Day ever!
Every good festival needs catering, and this one is no exception. Help Chef Yuun create the traditional snack of Kyoshi Day... unfried dough! Who knows, maybe Chef Yuun will teach you her secret recipe?
A Wild Turtle Duck Chase
Hinro — the local turtle duck farmer — has lost one of his prized turtle ducks. Follow the trail of eggs to bring it home!
Delve into the catacombs beneath Kyoshi Island, and explore the secluded shrine raised in her likeness in the same year that she passed from this world and traversed into the next. To reach them, speak to Gulao near the Kyoshi duelling grounds, across the river and inside a patch of trees.
What's an event without a bit of parkour! Head down to the harbour and jump across the water towards the lighthouse.
Kyoshi Island Updates
We've taken the opportunity to give Kyoshi Island a bit of a facelift. Take a look around the new and improved Kyoshi Shrine, a fitting tribute to one of the finest Avatars. A new forest has been planted for when you need somewhere to relax after a hectic day at the festival.
Up for a bit of role-play? Why not grab one of our themed cosmetics and take on the role as your favourite Avatar?
From Roku's luscious beard, to Aang's smooth head, these costumes are the perfect way to celebrate Avatar Day! To honour Avatar Kyoshi, the esteemed Warriors of Kyoshi have kindly gifted one of their headdresses for you to own.
If you'd prefer to instead look back on how Avatar Kyoshi created her home island, why not grab the famous helmet of Chin the Conqueror?
To own any of these, simply talk to Tonra in the village.