2019-10-26 22:28:35 +0000 UTC by Guru
Greetings and salutations, readers! I'm your host for tonight, and we've got some pleasingly paranormal stories coming your way - just in time for the most supernatural day of the year. So, without any further ado, let's introduce our line-up:
Midnight in Gaipan - Zombies, activities, and candy, oh my!
"At the onset of a full moon, Gaipan's Festival of Sun Li occurs yearly, allowing for humans and spirits to meet in prayer for the blessing of their ancestors and good fortune.
This time, something went wrong. A dark force plagues the town, and prayers fall on deaf ears as the spirits march unflinchingly through the fields. Crops lie unharvested, and men and women alike have disappeared entirely. Investigate the cause of this, and avoid sharing their fate..."
The dead have risen. Put them in the ground, and make sure they stay that way. Or dodge your way through the horde and play through the parkour, the maze, or even just take in the scenery while taking part in a candy speed challenge. Explore, and you might find a few undead personalities waking up from their eternal slumber. Teach them the meaning of forever, then confiscate their alarm clocks so they don't do it again.
Beware: nobody's seen the mayor since it all began, but rumours indicate he's hording candy for himself. If you see him, take him down. Then equally redistribute his candy to each according to need.
To access this, head over to the lake behind Gaipan.
Ghost Island - Brave the eerie quiet to rescue a missing nephew.
When Watt's nephew goes missing on a deserted island, he enlists the player's help to find him. Tread carefully; unspeakable horrors happened here, and the spirits are restless. One more thing: try not to stare into the dark too long. The dark might stare back, and you'll find out what kind of thing goes bump in the night.
Yep, you read that right. Cosmetics in the form of heads are available for the duration of the event, but you'll have to put in some legwork for the merchant to trust you first. After that, haul as much candy as you can find over to him, and get your rewards.
2019-08-17 12:00:00 +0000 UTC by Guru
Event: Gaoling Bending Tournament: Discord
It's time for our sixth iteration of the bending tournament! Please read below for more information:
- When will it be?
- The event will take place on Sunday August 25th at 6PM UTC. Please use your trusty friend Google to find exactly what time this is in your time-zone. We understand that some people may not be available during this time and will make an effort to have them at varying times in the future.
- How do I join?
- Please join the discord (link at top) and sign up in the Tournament Chat or message a moderator / chat moderator in-game.
- Am I limited to the bending I chose?
- No! This event will take place off the main server by doing "/server event" once the event is open for joining. You will be able to select any bending you wish and change it at any point before the tournament officially starts. The event server will be open 30 minutes before the tournament starts to allow players to have time to pick.
- Will there be elytras?
- At the moment we have decided to not provide elytras for players to use. These can be used to avoid combat completely by Airbenders and serve no purpose in combat since they are disabled after taking damage.
- Will there be stats and levels?
- Just like on the main server you will have stat points to allocate using "/c". You will be automatically set to max level and have all moves available from the moment you select a bending. You can reset your stats throughout the tournament to change your build based on the bender you will be fighting by speaking to the stat spirit near spawn.
- Will there be rewards?
- First Place: 500,000¥
- Second Place: 250,000¥
- Third Place: 100,000¥
- Participation: Everyone who signs up for the tournament and participates in it without missing any matches will receive a participation prize. This will consist of 6 cosmetic heads and a tea leaf. First, second and third place winners will receive these as well.
- How often will these tournaments be held?
- These tournaments will be held on the last Saturday or Sunday of every month. The times of the tournament will vary so make sure you're available before signing up! Sign-ups are closed once the tournament starts; however, if someone doesn't show for their match in round one we do accept subsitutes. There will be an announcement similar to this every month for it!
- How do I join the Discord?
- You can simply click the hyperlink at the top or bottom for a direct invite. Below are instructions to link your AvatarMC account with Discord; however, this is not required!
- First, you need to create an AvatarMC Forum account by performing "/register" while on the server.
- Once you have the forum account set up go to discord.avatarmc.com and log in with your forum information. This will link your account to your Discord account.
- If you already have an AvatarMC Forum account but don't remember your log-in information please contact GuoKao.
- Various notes on how the event will function below:
- The tournament will operate off of a public leaderboard that you can request the link to at any time (after the tournament has started).
- Veterans will face veterans in the first rounds, and newer players will face newer players. Veteran players will fight first. This is to give the new players an opportunity to watch and learn from the fights before and give them a better chance at beating a veteran player.
- Players who lose in the semi-final fights will match against each other to determine 3rd and 4th place.
- Time will be controlled so that Firebenders and Waterbenders will receive their day or night damage boosts throughout the fight for only part of the fight. High noon bonus and full moon bonus will not occur in any fight.
- This tournament is not only a way for you to earn free money, but also a way for us to gain balancing opinions on the elements. After the tournament do not be afraid to share your opinions on the server discord or on the forums!
If you have any questions regarding the event, you can ask in our discord, announcement on the forums, or message a moderator in-game.
We hope you join the fight on Sunday, August 25th at 6PM UTC! Discord
2019-07-21 18:46:17 +0000 UTC by Guru
Yes ladies and gentlemen, you've read that right. AvatarMC's very own “RIDE’em GUIDE’em SHOOT’em” event is making a comeback, almost four years since the first (1345 days if you're interested) - and it's better than ever before. Come one, come all, come try your luck in this team-based challenge!
Players pair up into teams, choosing amongst themselves who will shoot and who will steer. Runners have supportive abilities while the riders have offensive ones. It's a free-for-all out there, in a medieval tournament style - teams will face each other in several rounds of combat, continuing until one team of players reigns victorious. Additionally, an extra bracket will be provided for those who get knocked out of the running for the top spots - so if you die early, stay for another chance to win a prize!
Note: If, for any reason, a player hops off of their team-mate, this will be counted as a forfeit.
Time and Date
The event will take place on Sunday the 28th of July at 6pm UTC - please see Google or your local search engine of choice for timezone conversions.
Of course, the part you've all been waiting for with bated breath. The prizes for this event are as follows:
- Winner: Two stacks of an item of their choice, or ¥500,000 of in-game cash
- Best Pair (Survive the most rounds to win!): ¥20,000 of in-game cash
- Participation: Six decorative heads
- Three Pig Heads
- Three Skeleton Heads
So there you have it! Which team will have the co-ordination and, most importantly of all, the aim with which to succeed? Join us on the 28th to find out, or take part yourself in hopes of gaining glory and prizes!
Note: if you did not yet receive your rewards for the Fire Tag event last month, please contact CheeseSandwich after this event to get them as well.
2019-06-15 17:00:00 +0000 UTC by Guru
Ladies and gentlemen, for the big 50, we're bringing another event to you next week! This Summer Solstice (the 21st!), we're doing a tournament-style event called "Fire Tag." It'll take place at 5pm UTC, so be there or be square!
In this game-mode, one player is 'it'. They will receive a special focus for the duration of the game, containing a one-hit-kill move. Hiders will also get a focus, which contains two moves to provide hunger saturation and a jump, to allow for players to have a chance to escape if caught.
This takes place in the Fire Nation Capital. Players will hide amidst the scorching streets and radiant rooftops of the Caldera. Note: All exits and mazes have been blocked off in the interest of fairness.
After the initial tagger is chosen at random, whoever is killed last or simply lasts the longest wins the round, becoming 'it' for the next one. If someone is 'it' multiple rounds in a row, they will be given additional prizes such as in game currency or rare blocks of their choosing, but also rendered unable to be 'it' for more than one round at a time. All participants will receive some appropriately themed lava and magma heads.
We hope to see you there!
2019-03-10 17:30:00 +0000 UTC by Guru
Greetings and salutations, readers! I'm your host, and today we're going to go over a few bugfixes and changes to the server. So, without any further ado, let's begin!
The Spirit Oasis
That's right, the Northern Water Tribe's very own Spirit Oasis is getting an overhaul! They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so I'll let one do the speaking for me.
Formerly hidden away in Republic City, the Bending Detector merchant has expanded his business to all of the bending capitals. Alongside his business expansion, the detectors themselves have received an upgrade, allowing them to detect more bending moves. The full list of moves is as follows:
- Air: Bolt, Gust, Kick and Spear
- Earth: Blast, Pebble Daze, Pebble Gatling Gun and Shackle
- Fire: Ball, Flame Slash, Flame Shot and Kick
- Water: Blast, Bolt and Whip
- Nonbender: Arrow Rain and Blow Dart
The bending team has been hard at work, fixing and improving moves. Here's a list of changes!
- Ults (Wind Slam, Sandstorm, Solar Burst, High Tide, Falcon Strike) will now cancel when no wand is equipped
- Fire Torch now works as intended
- Phase Change now works as it should when you're looking up or down
- Air Twister should now target the area displayed with the particles with more accuracy
- Area of Effect moves have been fixed again
- Mines and Grenades have received a model revamp, so now you can set down traps in style
- Proximity mines should only place down one model now, and should no longer attach to walls
- Quan (the boss of 'Hunters of the Ocean') has been reworked, allowing for a more challenging experience
- The fighters in Gaoling's Earth Rumble Tournament will now chase you all around the arena (you're welcome)
- Added exit buttons to mazes, in case you forgot to bring string
- The ships in the Fire Nation Capital Harbour have been moved around
- The space required for spawning a pet should now be closer to the actual space the pet takes up
- Space restrictions for summoning utility pets have been removed
- Combat pets now utilise a more accurate bounding box during spawning
- A pet's minimum distance to their target has been made more strict
- Added city exit waypoints to /nav
- Moves that modify stats will now display those changes in the hotbar where applicable
- Fast travel now properly restores your held item in its original slot
- Pet foci no longer open/close automatically when (de)summoning a pet
- The amount of whistles in your inventory is now counted more accurately when a focus is open
- Increased strength, penetration and protection of vanilla mobs
- Increased the spawn rate and mob cap of vanilla mobs.