Join the AvatarMC Game Designers
We’re currently seeking game designers to help us plan out the fun and engaging gameplay mechanics found on the
server. The scope of this team includes designing our custom bending system, planning out the gameplay of dungeons
and quests, as well as designing new/improved mechanics such as the recently released professions.
- A creative approach to solving problems
- Knowledge of the server’s current gameplay mechanics
- Ability to communicate clearly, efficiently, and respectfully
- Able to contribute to team discussions on a regular basis
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Familiarity with the “Magic” plugin or other similar systems
Applying to the Team
Assignment: Design a Boss -
In this assignment, you will design a boss fight. This includes their abilities, passives, and general behavior. Take
a look at the example provided below and use the structure when working on your own. Please do not base your boss
off of any currently created one. Try to be creative and make yours unique. Your boss can be any element, and don’t
worry too much about how feasible it might be to create.
Example Boss Design
Name: The Pebble
Ability 1: Pebble Barrage
- The boss sends out a flurry of pebbles that pass through any structures they have created (ex: “Earth
Bunker”). Being hit by one of these pebbles will lower the target’s armor temporarily.
Ability 2: Earth Punch
- A small wall of earth blocks quickly forms in front of the boss that can block incoming attacks. After a
short delay, the wall will turn into a projectile and is punched towards the target, dealing heavy damage and
Ability 3: Earth Sidestep
- The boss randomly launches themselves a short distance to either the left, the right, or forward. When they come
back into contact with the ground, they will send out a shockwave that travels along the ground and follows
Ability 4: Earth Bunker
- The boss slowly forms a sphere of earth around them. If a player is trapped inside the sphere when it is
finished forming, it will implode, damaging and stunning them in the process. If no players are inside the
sphere, it will remain formed for the remaining duration. If the boss receives X amount of damage while the
sphere is forming, the move will be cancelled, and the boss will be stunned for several seconds.
- This boss will primarily use Pebble Barrage, Earth Punch, and Earth Sidestep throughout the fight.
- After the boss reaches certain HP thresholds, they will activate their “Earth Bunker” move. If no player is
caught inside of it, they will proceed to use an upgraded version of Pebble Barrage that lasts much longer. During
this “phase,” the player will be forced to play evasively.
- At least 150 words in total
- At least 3 unique abilities
- At least 2 unique behavior traits
If you're interested, send an email to gamedesignavatarmc.com for us to review with the
- Your in-game name
- Your Discord ID
- Your completed assignment
- Any additional messages/information you’d like to share