2019-03-10 17:30:00 +0000 UTC by Guru
Greetings and salutations, readers! I'm your host, and today we're going to go over a few bugfixes and changes to the server. So, without any further ado, let's begin!
The Spirit Oasis
That's right, the Northern Water Tribe's very own Spirit Oasis is getting an overhaul! They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so I'll let one do the speaking for me.
Formerly hidden away in Republic City, the Bending Detector merchant has expanded his business to all of the bending capitals. Alongside his business expansion, the detectors themselves have received an upgrade, allowing them to detect more bending moves. The full list of moves is as follows:
- Air: Bolt, Gust, Kick and Spear
- Earth: Blast, Pebble Daze, Pebble Gatling Gun and Shackle
- Fire: Ball, Flame Slash, Flame Shot and Kick
- Water: Blast, Bolt and Whip
- Nonbender: Arrow Rain and Blow Dart
The bending team has been hard at work, fixing and improving moves. Here's a list of changes!
- Ults (Wind Slam, Sandstorm, Solar Burst, High Tide, Falcon Strike) will now cancel when no wand is equipped
- Fire Torch now works as intended
- Phase Change now works as it should when you're looking up or down
- Air Twister should now target the area displayed with the particles with more accuracy
- Area of Effect moves have been fixed again
- Mines and Grenades have received a model revamp, so now you can set down traps in style
- Proximity mines should only place down one model now, and should no longer attach to walls
- Quan (the boss of 'Hunters of the Ocean') has been reworked, allowing for a more challenging experience
- The fighters in Gaoling's Earth Rumble Tournament will now chase you all around the arena (you're welcome)
- Added exit buttons to mazes, in case you forgot to bring string
- The ships in the Fire Nation Capital Harbour have been moved around
- The space required for spawning a pet should now be closer to the actual space the pet takes up
- Space restrictions for summoning utility pets have been removed
- Combat pets now utilise a more accurate bounding box during spawning
- A pet's minimum distance to their target has been made more strict
- Added city exit waypoints to /nav
- Moves that modify stats will now display those changes in the hotbar where applicable
- Fast travel now properly restores your held item in its original slot
- Pet foci no longer open/close automatically when (de)summoning a pet
- The amount of whistles in your inventory is now counted more accurately when a focus is open
- Increased strength, penetration and protection of vanilla mobs
- Increased the spawn rate and mob cap of vanilla mobs.
2019-03-04 21:53:07 +0000 UTC by FireLordIzumi
Event: Gaoling Bending Tournament - Kevin is a Female Edition: Discord
Congratulations to KevinY3 for getting first place in the January tournament, with Porku getting a close second! It's time for our fifth iteration of the bending tournament! Please read below for more information:
- When will it be?
- The event will take place on Saturday March 30th at 7PM UTC. Time-zones are funky and I don't want to convert that into 500 time-zones factoring in whether or not their clocks changed yet. Please use your trusty friend Google to find exactly what time this is in your time-zone. We understand that some people may not be available during this time and will make an effort to have them at varying times in the future.
- How do I join?
- Please join the discord (link at top) and sign up in the Tournament Chat or message a moderator / chat moderator in-game. If you can not get in contact with one, you can send FireLordIzumi a message on Skype (FireLordIzumi) or Discord (Mako#2066).
- Am I limited to the bending I chose?
- No! This event will take place off the main server by doing "/server event" once the event is open for joining. You will be able to select any bending you wish and change it at any point before the tournament officially starts. The event server will be open 30 minutes before the tournament starts to allow players to have time to pick.
- Will there be elytras?
- At the moment we have decided to not provide elytras for players to use. These can be used to avoid combat completely by Airbenders and serve no purpose in combat since they are disabled after taking damage.
- Will there be stats and levels?
- Just like on the main server you will have stat points to allocate using "/c". You will be automatically set to max level and have all moves available from the moment you select a bending. You can reset your stats throughout the tournament to change your build based on the bender you will be fighting by speaking to the stat spirit near spawn.
- Will there be rewards?
- First Place: A $20 voucher for the donation store to spend as you see fit.
- Second Place: A single item from the donation store or 500,000 in-game currency.
-- Please note: You can NOT claim packages. Only single items. A free character slot, blue firebending, special hat, etc.
- Third Place: The joy of knowing you're nearly better than everyone, but not good enough to actually win a tangible prize.
- Participation: Everyone who signs up for the tournament and participates in it without missing any matches will receive a participation prize. This will consist of 6 cosmetic heads and a tea leaf. The cosmetic heads will be 3 Quartz Pearl heads and 3 Quartz Ore heads. First and second place winners will receive this as well.
- How often will these tournaments be held?
- These tournaments will be held on the last Saturday or Sunday of every month. The times of the tournament will vary so make sure you're available before signing up! Sign-ups are closed once the tournament starts; however, if someone doesn't show for their match in round one we do accept subsitutes. There will be an announcement similar to this every month for it!
- How do I join the Discord?
- You can simply click the hyperlink at the top or bottom for a direct invite. Below are instructions to link your AvatarMC account with Discord; however, this is not required!
- First, you need to create an AvatarMC Forum account by performing "/register" while on the server.
- Once you have the forum account set up go to discord.avatarmc.com and log in with your forum information. This will link your account to your Discord account.
- If you already have an AvatarMC Forum account but don't remember your log-in information please contact GuoKao.
- Various notes on how the event will function below:
- The tournament will operate off a public leaderboard that you can request the link to at any time (after the tournament has started.)
- Veterans will face veterans in the first rounds and newer players against newer players. Veteran players will fight first. This is the give the new players an opportunity to watch and learn from the fights before and give them a better chance at beating a veteran player.
- Time will be controlled so that Firebenders and Waterbenders will receive their day or night damage boosts throughout the fight for only part of the fight. High noon bonus and full moon bonus will not occur in any fight.
- This tournament is not only a way for you to earn free cosmetics, but also a way for us to gain balancing opinions on the elements. After the tournament do not be afraid to share your opinions on the server discord or on the forums!
If you have any questions regarding the event, you can ask in our discord, announcement on the forums, or message a moderator in-game.
We hope you join the fight on Saturday, March 30th at 7PM UTC! Discord