2021-05-16 17:00:00 +0000 UTC by AvatarKorra_
Event: Gaoling Bending Tournament // AvatarMC Discord
The rain has come and gone, and the flowers are blooming! Now's the perfect time to head to the ring and see if your PvP skills are blooming as well (and if they aren't, better luck next month)!
Like previous months, there will be no Professions items permitted during the tournament.
The tournament will be broadcast LIVE on the server's very own Twitch channel. Tune in for some prime Zuko content.
When will it be?
- The event will take place on Saturday, May 22 at 19:00 UTC. For those who use Google's search engine, this query will find exactly what time this is in your time zone. World Time Buddy is also a helpful resource.
How do I join?
- Please join the Discord and sign up in the Tournament Chat or message a Mod or Chat Mod in-game. You can always sign up at the event, but you may not be paired with someone who best matches your skill level — so sign up as soon as you can!
Am I limited to the bending I chose?
- No! This event will take place off the main server by typing
/server event once the event is open for joining. You will be able to select any bending you wish and change it at any point before the tournament officially starts. The event server will be open 30 minutes before the tournament starts to allow players to have time to pick.
Will there be elytras?
- At the moment, we have decided to not provide elytras for players to use. These can be used to avoid combat completely by airbenders and serve no purpose in combat since they are disabled after taking damage.
Will we be able to eat to heal during the match?
- No. In the past when we've allowed food and healing, matches lasted far longer than anyone felt was enjoyable. Because of that, health restoration from eating will be disabled. However, you will be able to eat while outside the arena and water healing moves will be allowed.
Will there be stats and levels?
- Just like on the main server you will have stat points to allocate typing
/c. You will be automatically set to max level and have all moves available from the moment you select a bending. You can reset your stats throughout the tournament to change your build based on the bender you will be fighting by speaking to the stat spirit near spawn.
Will there be rewards?
- First Place: 250,000¥ + Championship Bracelet
- Second Place: 150,000¥
- Third Place: 75,000¥
- Fourth Place: 50,000¥
- Participation: Everyone who signs up for the tournament and participates in it without missing any matches will receive a participation prize. This will consist of 32 spirit essence and four decorative heads. Winners will receive these as well.
- As an additional reward for this month, every participant will be entered into a raffle to win $20 of cosmetics from the server store. One lucky player will be able to claim this prize!
How do I join the Discord?
- You can simply join with this direct invite. Below are instructions to link your AvatarMC account with Discord; however, this is not required!
- First, you need to create an AvatarMC Forum account by performing
/register while on the server.
- Once you have the forum account set up, go to discord.avatarmc.com and log in with your forum information. This will link your account to your Discord account.
- If you already have an AvatarMC Forum account, but don't remember your log-in information, please contact GuoKao.
Various notes on how the event will function:
- The tournament will operate off of a public leaderboard that you can request the link to at any time (after the tournament has started).
- For this tournament the brackets will be semi-randomized. Players will be fighting against other players who may not be of similar skill level, but could be disproportionately higher or lower in skill level. Matches can be semi-balanced based on the pairings, but it is no guarantee.
- Players who lose in the semi-final fights will match against each other to determine 3rd and 4th place.
- Time will be set to sunrise, so no advantage can be gained for either waterbenders or firebenders.
- This tournament is not only a way for you to earn free money, but also a way for us to gain balancing opinions on the elements. After the tournament, do not be afraid to share your opinions on the server Discord or on the forums!
If you have any questions regarding the event, you can ask in our Discord or message a moderator in-game.
We hope you join the fight on Saturday, May 22 at 19:00 UTC!
2021-04-30 22:09:16 +0000 UTC by _Guru
Greetings and salutations, readers! This is your
captain host Guru speaking, here filling in for the usual suspects. We've got a whole lot of things to go over with the server's update to 0.6.1, so let's make our way down the list, shall we? I've been informed they checked it twice. Honest.
The Gates of Azulon
If you've passed the Gates in the past, you'll have noticed that they were a bit small. With this update, we've given them the grandeur they deserve. Unfortunately, they don't have the dragons just yet. A really committed cult made off with both of them in the night. They know who they are.
You read that right. With the coming update, we're adding custom music for the following:
- Kyoshi Island
- Northern Air Temple
If you needed any more reason to explore, there you have it. Because of course, exploring is always better with a snazzy soundtrack. Make sure to update your music pack here.
Custom Music Discs
Do you love our custom music enough to want it playing in your town? Say no more. From this update onwards, you'll be able to purchase each track individually from a specially placed vendor in all major city markets — that'll be the Northern Water Tribe, Ba Sing Se, the Fire Nation Capital, and the Southern Air Temple.
You may craft a jukebox or purchase one from the markets to pop in the disc and let those beautiful soundtracks roll.
The Stamina System
With 0.6.1, we've done the impossible for you and solved world hunger. But only within the confines of the server. You're welcome. Hunger has been effectively removed, and replaced with a stamina system.
It's fairly basic — essentially, the more you sprint, the more it goes down. Stand still to catch your breath or just walk normally and it'll go back up. Be wary, though — if you take damage, you'll get a longer regeneration cooldown. However, you'll be able to eat food to increase your stamina, so eat to your heart's content (and ignore its complaints when you eat six pizzas over the course of ten minutes).
Fast Travel Vehicle Markers
Moving on, you'll now find that Fast Travel nodes have a nifty new hologram hovering above them. Should be a fair bit harder to miss them now, if the locations aren't seared into your brains already.
- Removal of Mythic Mobs and Citizens: I'm sure those two names mean nearly nothing to most of you, so to put it simply: we've ported over any remaining legacy mobs to our neat scripting system. Should be a bit more efficient to play through.
- Meet the musicians: Ever wanted to see the instruments from the server store in person before purchasing them? Now you can view musician NPCs showcasing the drum, erhu, flute, and guqin in each of the bending capitals.
- Agrarian Zone regions: We've added above-hotbar text for entering certain Agrarian Zone regions, such as villages and landmarks. Now it's slightly easier to avoid getting lost.
- Farmer boss rewards: Defeating Jun-Fan will now earn you a bit of fertilizer as a reward!
- Breeding vanilla animals: Vendors have been placed in each bending capital to allow players to breed vanilla animals again.
- Fishing profession updates: We've also added a few extra features to the fishing profession. New lures and rods are now available, and nine extra fish have been added to the Spirit World. Happy hunting!
- Global Fast Travel tweaks: Oh, and if you're still reading, we've gone ahead and unlocked global Fast Travel nodes to the bending capitals by default. No need to try to make the trip to the Northern Water Tribe in a hastily-constructed dinghy any more.