2023-01-17 00:06:00 +0000 UTC by korraa and TurboClicks
Greetings, and happy 8 year anniversary to AvatarMC!
After hours of tirelessly digging through the archives of servers long gone, stacks of logs long forgotten, and Reddit threads filled with hype of questionable justification, we have reconstructed a timeline of the birth of the public beta.
A few minutes after midnight UTC on January 17, 2015, the server restarted and the floodgates opened. Within seconds, AvatarMC filled up with players eager to play on the official Minecraft server of r/TheLastAirbender, all excited to try something new following the conclusion of The Legend of Korra.
Since then, this project has come a long way. In the first few weeks, the world was scaled up, factions made way for Towny, and we introduced our first custom made plugins. Since then, we haven't stopped improving — adding new features, game mechanics and interactive experiences.
To celebrate this occasion and take a stroll down memory lane, we are holding a screenshot raffle!
Here are the rules:
- Venture out across the world to capture your favorite parts of the server, OR upload an older image from the past eight years of your favorite memory. This can include anything that summarizes any positive experience while being part of the AvatarMC community.
- You may share as many screenshots as you'd like, but at least one of these images must have been taken by you in order to qualify for the raffle. Please indicate if any photos were not taken by you. Although not a requirement, we encourage you to share a fun story about your image!
- As long as you have entered at least one photo taken by you, you will receive a single entry into the raffle. Posting multiple screenshots will not improve your chances of winning.
- All screenshots must be shared in #event-8th-anniversary on Discord.
The event will run from January 16–22. A randomly selected player from the raffle pool will win a gift card worth 20 USD to the server store!
2022-12-22 21:40:49 +0000 UTC by korraa
Season's greetings and happy holidays! NUKTUK, HERO OF THE SOUTH is back again for AvatarMC's yearly celebration.
Visit Nuktuk in your bending capital to make your way to the holiday hub. Keep reading to get the breakdown of this year's event!
Limited Time Cosmetics
Wanting to dress up as Santa and needing a fancy hat cosmetic to complete the ensemble? We've got you covered. Check out the store to purchase these festive delights. If you want to dress as a reindeer, we have that too — minus any judgment you may or may not deserve.
|Red Santa Hat|
|Green Santa Hat|
|Blue Santa Hat|
|Santa Hat Bundle (Red, Green, Blue Santa Hats)|
The Wonderland is the main hub of this event, offering plenty to get you in the festive mood. Complete activities located in or around this area to earn snowflakes - you can use these to buy heads and cosmetics from our vendors!
If you need help getting around the event,
/nav is your friend.
It's five in the morning, and the parents of this little town have been woken up by their overeager children (who needs alarm clocks anyway?). Disaster strikes, however, when the residents all discover that beneath their Christmas trees is a lack of wrapped gifts! The presents are missing!
Journey up above to the sweet smelling cave entrance and discover the truth behind who, or what is responsible for the missing presents. Band together with your friends as you explore what remains of Santa's Workshop as you dive into the Christmas Dungeon!
Ascend the stairs to the Castle, and prepare for a boss fight. Defeat its keeper to earn a reward. However, if fighting isn't your thing, you can always try the dropper on for size.
- Christmas Tree Parkour - Get to the top of the tree and claim your snowflakes.
- Frosty the Snowman - Parkour up Frosty and earn some snowflakes.
- Snowball Arena - Fight your friends with snowballs in this Free-For-All arena. (Best results for this gamemode are with FoV set to 'Quake Pro')
- Workshop Maze - Head through the twisty maze for a reward. If you're up for a challenge, help a local elf recover Santa's list from the depths of the maze.
- Snow Maze - Make it to the end for your reward. Ball of string is optional. No minotaurs in this one, we promise. They don't like the cold.
- Castle Dropper - Fall into the water at the bottom without hitting any blocks to win.
- Ice Cave Dropper - Take the ski lift to this dropper, and make sure not to hit any blocks or you won't make it to the bottom.
- Helper Hunt - Gao is setting up an event, and needs his friends! Find him to get started on tracking them down.
- Christmas Dungeon - Enter the cave and track down the town's presents!
- Castle Miniboss - Defeat the keeper of the castle!
Some friendly elves are here to sell some Christmas goodies. Or just give you puppy dog eyes until you buy something, your choice. Just remember these poor folks don't have an elf union.
|Cosmetic Vendor||Red Candy Cane Focus||15 Snowflakes|
|Green Candy Cane Focus|
|Gray Candy Cane Focus|
|Purple Candy Cane Focus|
|Yellow Candy Cane Focus|
|Blue Candy Cane Focus|
|Decorations Vendor||Ornament Heads||1 Snowflake Each|
Capture the Flag
Head on over to the hot air balloon you used to use to access the Club Penguin hub, and it'll take you there for some festive fun.
Lastly, the team at AvatarMC would like to wish everyone a happy holiday season. We greatly appreciate our community and can't wait to show you what we have in store for 2023. See you next year!