2018-09-01 12:11:23 +0000 UTC by FireLordIzumi
Event: Gaoling Bending Tournament: Discord
Congratulations to Porku for getting first place in the August tournament, with Benfro getting a close second! It's time for our third iteration of the bending tournament! Please read below for more information:
- When will it be?
- The event will take place on Saturday Semptember 29th at 5PM UTC. This is 1PM EST / 5PM GMT+1 / 8PM GMT+3 / 3AM GMT+10. Please use your trusty friend Google to find exactly what time this is in your time-zone. We understand that some people may not be available during this time and will make an effort to have them at varying times in the future.
- How do I join?
- Please join the discord (link at top) and sign up in the Tournament Chat or send a complete a sign-up form here or message a moderator / chat moderator in-game. If you can not get in contact with one, you can send FireLordIzumi a message on Skype (FireLordIzumi) or Discord (Mako#2066).
- Am I limited to the bending I chose?
- No! This event will take place off the main server by doing "/server event" once the event is open for joining. You will be able to select any bending you wish and change it at any point before the tournament officially starts. The event server will be open 30 minutes before the tournament starts to allow players to have time to pick.
- Will there be elytras?
- At the moment we have decided to not provide elytras for players to use. These can be used to avoid combat completely by Airbenders and serve no purpose in combat since they are disabled after taking damage.
- Will there be stats and levels?
- Just like on the main server you will have stat points to allocate using "/c". You will be automatically set to max level and have all moves available from the moment you select a bending. You can reset your stats throughout the tournament to change your build based on the bender you will be fighting by speaking to the stat spirit near spawn.
- Will there be rewards?
- First Place: A choice of any single item from the donation store or 500,000 in-game currency. Winner chooses which.
-- Please note: You can NOT claim packages. Only single items. A free character slot, blue firebending, special hat, etc.
- Second Place: 200,000 in-game currency.
- Participation: Everyone who signs up for the tournament and participates in it without missing any matches will receive a participation prize. This will consist of 6 cosmetic heads and a tea leaf. The cosmetic heads will be 3 Iron Block heads and 3 Coal Block heads. First and second place winners will receive this as well.
- How often will these tournaments be held?
- These tournaments will be held on the last Saturday of every month. The times of the tournament will vary so make sure you're available before signing up! Sign-ups are closed once the tournament starts; however, if someone doesn't show for their match in round one we do accept subsitutes. There will be an announcement similar to this every month for it!
- How do I join the Discord?
- First, you need to create an AvatarMC Forum account by performing "/register" while on the server.
- Once you have the forum account set up go to discord.avatarmc.com and log in with your forum information. This will link your account to your Discord account.
- If you already have an AvatarMC Forum account but don't remember your log-in information please contact GuoKao.
- Various notes on how the event will function below:
- The tournament will operate off a public leaderboard that you can request the link to at any time (after the tournament has started.)
- Veterans will face veterans in the first rounds and newer players against newer players. Veteran players will fight first. This is the give the new players an opportunity to watch and learn from the fights before and give them a better chance at beating a veteran player.
- Time will be controlled so that Firebenders and Waterbenders will receive their day or night damage boosts throughout the fight for only part of the fight. High noon bonus and full moon bonus will not occur in any fight.
- This tournament is not only a way for you to earn free cosmetics, but also a way for us to gain balancing opinions on the elements. After the tournament do not be afraid to share your opinions on the server discord or on the forums!
If you have any questions regarding the event, you can ask in our discord, announcement on the forums, or message a moderator in-game.
We hope you join the fight on Saturday, September 29th at 5PM UTC! Discord
2018-08-16 23:40:29 +0000 UTC by QuietDove
Hello to all budding fighters! With the elements about to be rebalanced (or nerfed, depending on your point of view) it’s time for another tournament! As before, this event shall be held in the glorious Gaoling Arena.
When will it be held?
- The event will take place on the 25th of August at 7pm UTC. This is 3PM EST / 8PM GMT+1 / 10PM GMT+3 / 5AM GMT+10. Please consult Google for your local time if it's not on that list.
Where do I sign up?
- Please fill in this form.
- If this doesn’t work, then feel free to reply to this post. Alternatively, contact Caljitsu or an admin, who shall then add you manually.
Can I have whatever bending style I like?
- Yes, you can! This event takes place on the Event Server, so you can pick a style of take through the tournament. Please note that once you’ve picked, you can’t change.
- Your level will also be boosted to level 25, so it doesn’t matter how strong you are on lobby!
What are the rewards?
- Apart from eternal glory, and the respect of your fellow players, the winner will get to choose a free item from the server store. This includes bending focuses, hats, player slots, and much more! If you don’t want a free item, then you will receive 500,000 in-game currency (yuans).
- Second place will receive 200,000 yuans.
- There is also a participation prize of six cosmetic heads, namely, three diamond ore and three diamond blocks. Alongside this, you will also receive a tea leaf. So it’s well worth signing up!
- Please note: If an admin or mod wins the tournament, second place will be able to claim the first place prize. This does not mean that second place wins the tournament, you’re still a loser (sorry).
How does the Tournament work?
- The tournament will run on a public leaderboard that will be available to view once the tournament has started.
- Players are seeded based on the length of time they’ve been on the server. This means that veteran players will face veteran players, and newer players will face newer players (wherever possible). This is designed to mix up the tournament and give everyone a fair chance of progression.
- The time of day is controlled so that fire and waterbenders don’t receive their day or night damage bonuses. Waterbenders will also fight in a specific arena that contains water source blocks.
- Participants will also be delighted to hear that QuietDove (the dude who wrote this and is currently talking in the third person) will, once again, be providing his expert live commentary!
I can't make this tournament, will you do one again?
- Absolutely! We are planning to run these tournaments monthly, most likely on the last Saturday of every month. Who knows, we may mix up the prizes at some point?
If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact Caljitsu or an Admin, either on the server or on Discord.
To sync your AMC account with Discord, follow these instructions:
- Perform the command
/register on the server. This will walk you through how to create an AvatarMC Forum account.
- Go to the following link: https://discord.avatarmc.com/ . You will then be asked to log in using your forum login information.
- Accept the invitation.
We look forward to seeing you fight for glory on the 25th of August!